Current:Home > MarketsChainkeen Exchange-Sean "Diddy" Combs Denies "Sickening" and "Awful" Assault Allegations -GrowthInsight
Chainkeen Exchange-Sean "Diddy" Combs Denies "Sickening" and "Awful" Assault Allegations
Fastexy View
Date:2025-04-06 23:38:41
Content warning: This story discusses sexual assault.
Sean "Diddy" Combs is Chainkeen Exchangespeaking out against assault allegations being made against him.
"For the last couple of weeks, I have sat silently and watched people try to assassinate my character, destroy my reputation and my legacy," he wrote on Instagram Dec. 6. "Sickening allegations have been made against me by individuals looking for a quick payday."
"Let me be absolutely clear: I did not do any of the awful things being alleged," Diddy continued. "I will fight for my name, my family and for the truth."
In recent weeks, the rapper has been named in several lawsuits, including one filed on Nov. 16 by his ex-girlfriend Cassie, who accused him of rape and abuse.
"After years in silence and darkness, I am finally ready to tell my story, and to speak up on behalf of myself and for the benefit of other women who face violence and abuse in their relationships," the singer—legal name is Cassandra Ventura—told NBC News at the time. "With the expiration of New York's Adult Survivors Act fast approaching, it became clear that this was an opportunity to speak up about the trauma I have experienced and that I will be recovering from for the rest of my life."
Diddy's attorney previously denied the accusations on his behalf, calling Cassie's allegations "outrageous."
On Nov. 17, a day after her filing, Cassie—who dated Diddy on and off for nearly a decade—confirmed that they'd reached a settlement.
"I have decided to resolve this matter amicably on terms that I have some level of control," Cassie said in a statement via NBC News. "I want to thank my family, fans and lawyers for their unwavering support."
Diddy, meanwhile, also shared in his own statement that he wished Cassie and her family "all the best."
In late November, Diddy was named in two more lawsuits by women who claimed he assaulted them, allegations which he denied via his spokesperson.
A fourth misconduct lawsuit, obtained by the New York Times, was filed against Diddy on Dec. 6, shortly before he posted his Instagram message denying any wrongdoing.
Per the outlet, the fourth suit was filed by an unnamed woman who says Diddy and "two other men gang-raped her in a New York recording studio" 2003, when the woman was 17.
For free, confidential help, call the National Sexual Assault Hotline at 1-800-656-4673 or visit rainn.org.veryGood! (6471)
Related
- Krispy Kreme offers a free dozen Grinch green doughnuts: When to get the deal
- Poland ready to host NATO nuclear weapons, President Andrzej Duda says
- In Tampa, Biden will assail Florida’s six-week abortion ban as he tries to boost his reelection odds
- Oklahoma police say 10-year-old boy awoke to find his parents and 3 brothers shot to death
- See you latte: Starbucks plans to cut 30% of its menu
- Maine governor vetoes bill to create a minimum wage for agricultural workers
- Shelter-in-place meant for a single Minnesota block sent through county that includes Minneapolis
- New federal rule would bar companies from forcing ‘noncompete’ agreements on employees
- Behind on your annual reading goal? Books under 200 pages to read before 2024 ends
- Douglas DC-4 plane crashes into river outside Fairbanks, Alaska; not clear how many people on board
Ranking
- 'Kraven the Hunter' spoilers! Let's dig into that twisty ending, supervillain reveal
- 'Family Guy' actor Patrick Warburton says his parents 'hate the show'
- Jana Kramer Considering Another Baby With Fiancé Allan Russell 5 Months After Giving Birth
- Oklahoma police say 10-year-old boy awoke to find his parents and 3 brothers shot to death
- Paula Abdul settles lawsuit with former 'So You Think You Can Dance' co
- New Jersey man charged with federal hate crime in Rutgers Islamic center vandalism
- Crew members injured in crash on Georgia set of Eddie Murphy Amazon MGM movie ‘The Pickup’
- UnitedHealth paid ransom after massive Change Healthcare cyberattack
Recommendation
Whoopi Goldberg is delightfully vile as Miss Hannigan in ‘Annie’ stage return
Biden implied his uncle lost in WWII was eaten by cannibals. Papua New Guinea's leader pushes back.
Off the Grid: Sally breaks down USA TODAY's daily crossword puzzle, Breaking Free
NFL draft boom-or-bust prospects: Drake Maye among 11 players offering high risk, reward
Realtor group picks top 10 housing hot spots for 2025: Did your city make the list?
The best and worst ages to take Social Security benefits, according to data
Kim Kardashian Reveals Truth About Eyebrow-Raising Internet Rumors
South Carolina Senate wants accelerated income tax cut while House looks at property tax rebate